This article will explain to you each aspect of QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility procedure. These two problems are used for a different purpose. If you want to acknowledge common issues in the Company file, you should go for “Verify data.” And when you want to fix the problem of Database corruption, which to found with the Verify tool, you should use “Rebuild Data.” Before starting forward, let’s have a brief introduction about the QuickBooks accounting software.
QuickBooks is a user-centric accounting and bookkeeping software application that runs the day to day financial activities. For the past few years, it has achieved massive fame due to its service, which lets accounting user track their business task like generating invoices quickly, monitor the inflow and outflow of payments, and payrolls, etc. This Accounting software is not only famous for its flexible features but also it has built immense trust in securing business database over a couple of years.
However, It is normal to encounter errors sometime while working on this software due to many reasons like technical defects, malware & virus attack, or any other crash. Hence it is imperative to keep your QuickBooks software error-free.
In What Situation QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility Tool Are Used.
From the above-given information, we get aware of the purpose of using this robust tool. This tool provides security to access your company file to avoid and repair any data corruption. Have a look at some situation that pushes technical flaws while working:
- When transactions are lost form the list.
- If the business file crash or does not open.
- The name is nowhere found in the company list.
- Whenever not get full records of the balance sheet from all accounts.
- In the condition when receiving an error message while accessing QuickBooks.
- If the details of the transaction do not save securely in the right location.
- QuickBooks crash during the process to save transaction details.
Purpose of Using QuickBooks Verify Data Utility
Do you exactly know what the purpose of verifying data? The significance of using this verification tool is to recognize the robustness and vitality of the QB Company file. After using this data verify tool, it goes through a process where the entire transaction file available in the company get verified. If any damaged transactions file detected, then this information will be saved in the qbwin.log file in the form of a message. Here you can check a step by step method to run QB verifies data utility:
Method to verify tool:
- Firstly, shut down any running QB company file to avoid any trouble. Afterward, restart your QuickBooks Company database file and make a new file (Qqbwin.log file).
- Then, log in as the admin user to your database file.
- Shift to single-user mode after selecting the file in the menu box.
- Shut down the menu bar after choosing the Window
- Now open the file and search for utility and then finally hit on verify data. Move further if your QuickBooks does not receive any issues related to the company file.
- If you receive a problem in the company file, then you should move forward to utilize the power of QuickBooks to rebuild data utility to fix the data corruption.
Scope of using QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
Whenever the user needs to fix the corruption in the transaction file of the company file, they follow QuickBooks Rebuild data utility to rectify and repair the problem easily. These rebuild tools help to analyze the problem in the company file, which received after using the verify tool and fix the damage. Follow the mentioned cautionary information given below-run rebuild Data in the QB:
Method to run Rebuild Data:
- Close the entire running window.
- Go to the options file and select utilities.
- Afterward, Choose the option “Rebuild Data” under utilities.
- If you get a warning message to the backup company file, then select the “Ok” box. (Note: to backup data, use external gadgets. )
- After completing the process of backup, start the data rebuild process.
- As the process finished, you will receive a message of “data rebuild done,” then click the “Ok “button.
- Now, go to the file and open the list.
- Open the menu of the selected file and close the company.
- Now open the company file you want to analyze the data & reports.
- In between, you can check the Qbwin.log file to know the detailed information from the start till the end to fix the data corruption with the rebuild data process.
- If in case you face trouble meanwhile the rebuild process, and then quickly speak to QuickBooks pro-advisor for instant help.
Learn easily to Monitor & Reduce data Segment
This step is very important to follow for reducing any technical flaws while working on company File. Every company does not allow any risk on company data, because it can affect the profit and loss balance structure. Similarly, understanding the importance of financial database for company, it provides a tool which first finds the issues and then fixes it accordingly.
Here, if you find more than ten database segments. If yes, then you have to reduce the segment. Read the given details to overcome these issues:
- Arrange List: Open the list-menu and choose the option resort to the list.
- Rebuild File: After the resorting list finished. Carefully follow the method of the rebuild database file.
- Make Compact Company File: reduce database segment will be done quickly by making a compact database file. After this process restores it.
- Run Window Defragmentation Utility: This process of utility defragmentation will aid data corruption. So always give the run command to this tool in the location of saved application file
Speak With an Expert
We have tried to brief you about the use of QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility. Hopefully, it will be very beneficial to fix and repair data during any data damage. If still, you face trouble while resolving the data corruption issues in your accounting and bookkeeping software. Get in touch with an expert team of Best Accounting Help at (844) 567-5791 to get technical guidance