QuickBooks Scan Manager in QuickBooks is introduced by Intuit.
QuickBooks is accounting software that is introduced to make accounting speedy, secure, and convenient. This software is usually used in Canada & the U.S.
Its features are user-friendly and can help you to maintain your daily business accounting effortlessly.
This feature allows the users to effortlessly add files to invoices, sales receipts, and other transactions. It helps the users to scan receipts and documents, and let them be attached to the other transactions. Other than these it also assists in categorizing transactions, updating the invoices, balance sheets, and other documents automatically.
What do we all have to do in Setting up a QB Scan Manager?
QB Scan Manager works well with TWAIN compliant scanners.
Step 1: Firstly you have to make your Profile
- Go to the Company menu – Documents.
- Select the Document Center.
- Click on Scan a Doc, then – New.
- Now in New, you can make a new profile or pick an existing one.
- Edit name and Continue.
- Make changes in profile and then Save.
Step 2: After setting up, Check your Scanner
- Click on your profile and move it to Select.
- Then, one window will open – Select Scanner, then choose the Scanner Setup Wizard.
- The Current Selection field must display the scanner and if you are unable to see your scanner, click on Yes. Tap Next, the scanner database will start downloading from Nuance.
- Choose the appropriate model which is by default the Normal Mode.
- Perform Tests, boxes must be checked before you go ahead and choose Next.
- Start the Test.
- Hit Next twice which will start the testing.
- Click on Repeat this test.
- Next, you can move ahead to continue testing in other modes that are available
Step 3: Scan the documents and Attach it to Transactions in QuickBooks
- Start using the scanner after you are done with the trial.
- Click on Attach a file, to attach documents to the transaction in QuickBooks.
Advantages of Using QuickBooks Online Scan Manager
QuickBooks Online Scan Manager offers following benefits to its users-
- Easy to use and can be utilized without having accounting proficiency.
- You can easily add files to various transactions such as invoices, bills, and sales receipts.
- You can connect it to your bank accounts and import and categorize different types of transactions automatically.
- It creates invoices, balance sheets updates, and other business-related docs.
- QuickBooks scanner can help warehouse managers and their team to accomplish a task in less time than they could complete manually.
Kinds of QuickBooks Scan Manager Error
QuickBooks Scan Manager Error can occur displaying different categories of the warning message. We have listed some of the common ones below to further help you find the right troubleshooting steps.
- QB scan manager has stopped working
- QB scan manager not working
- QB scan manager no profiles
- Scan manager in QuickBooks is slow
- QB scan manager is already running
- QuickBooks unable to find scanner driver
- Scan Manager in QuickBooks cannot create a new profile
If Your QB scan manager has stopped working, then follow the steps mentioned below while using QuickBooks Scan Manager.
How to Avoid QB Scan Manager Not Responding to Errors?
Steps to keep in mind before using QuickBooks Scan Manager. This will prevent errors while operating the QuickBooks Scan Manager.
- Be connected to the internet and set to the TWAIN scanner.
- The scanner must be set to the TWAIN scanner.
- The scanner must not be offline and within the system, it must be available for use.
How to Fix The Error Stating ‘QB Scan Manager Not Working”, & Displaying ERROR MESSAGE?
- Locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties and a window opens up thereafter.
- Select the Find a Target option and you will come across the QBW32.exe file. Right-click on this file to choose Properties.
- Click on the General tab from the dialogue window that opens up.
- Select the file version under Item name.
- Once you see the version of your QuickBooks, check the latest version on Google to update your QB version.
- Once you are done updating QuickBooks, check if QuickBooks scan manager not working issue is resolved.
Here we conclude our blog with how to resolve issues like QuickBooks scan manager has stopped working, How To Set up QB Scan Manager, etc. If you are unable to resolve the issue even after following each troubleshooting, our professionals are there to help you.
We hope that we have mentioned each possible point related to QuickBooks Scan Manager if you have any questions regarding QB Scan Manager, QuickBooks Scan Manager Stopped Working, do let us know in the common section below.
Feel free to reach out to us. Our Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisors team will help you avail immediate solutions to any query and get your work back on track.